Saturday, March 26, 2011

Some Recent Work

About fifteen years ago, I built the library for the common room of Lutheran Church of the Living Christ. Here is half of it:



About five years after that, a member asked me to build a sort of library/entertainment center for his home, inspired by my work at the church. Here it is:



About four years after that, I was asked by another member of that church, who saw the library/entertainment center I built for the other member of the church, to build him an 8' x8' wall library for his home office. Here it is:



A year later, a co-worker of the wife of the guy who had me build his home office wall library called, asking for a wall library of their own. Here are pics of that:





So, here, to date, is my family tree of wall units, serial recommendations over a 15 year period. But wait. The granddaddy of them all was a suite of furniture I produced for an old friend, a NYC attorney who now resides in California. His was the most ambitious:




Finally, I also finished, a Prie Dieux I have been working at for about a year (mostly just staring at it and wondering when I'd get it done). I had a very patient client:
























There. That brings us up to date. I feel a lot better now...



2 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Oh, bookcases are dreamy. I don't think you can ever have too many beautiful places to store books!

Bruce Gee said...

Yes, bookcases are essential, in an Erasian sense, and it is nice if they can be beautiful.

But a prie dieu. A place to kneel to pray, even more essential.